I’d like to argue with Big Daddy Kane that really it should be sorting comics ain’t easy. This weekend was the first in a long time where I didn’t have to work or have any set plans or any house work to worry about. So I decided that Sunday would be sort out the ol’ comics collection day. There were two reasons for that
- It’s something I’ve been putting off for a heck of a long time.
- It would be nice to have an accurate list of what I need to have. There’s no reason I should keep buying multiple copies of Armageddon: The Alien Agenda. No joke…I found out that I have at least three full sets of it.
This is something that I felt was a good idea to do, as I’m going to the Baltimore Comic-Con this weekend. So I wound up sorting the boxes, pulling stuff I want to get signed and what not.
Nearly twelve hours later, I got as far as I could yesterday, giving up at the letter “K”, which will take a decent chunk of time with my enormous collection of Ka-Zar comics.
So here are some of the interesting things I’ve found so far.
- Not only do I have a complete run of Dazzler, but I also have all the issues with variant cover prices (issues were priced differently for the direct market and at newsstands as part of a sales experiment).
- I had a bunch of Justice League America issues signed by Adam Hughes on the interior page. I guess I can thank the prior owner for getting that done for me.
- I’ve bought/read a lot of comics.
So how do you organize your comics? I’ll talk about what I do tomorrow.